“I committed the biggest mistake of my life”: iPhone 7 Owners Destroy Phones After DRILLING Their Own Headphone Jack


The iPhone 7 mad big news on its recent launch, not because it was a new iPhone, but because it had eliminated the headphone jack, which many users really valued. The decision was criticized by many as suicide for Apple.



And many of those same critics lined up for hours to pay full retail for the new phone, even without the headphone jack. And now, a video has surfaced that reports to show just how you can hack the iPhone 7 to create your own headphone jack.
Just one problem. It is a joke. Yet iPhone 7 owners, or those desperate for their beloved headphone jack, have been attempting to drill their own. And it isn’t ending well for any of them.
The tutorial begins with a man clamping his iPhone in a vice. This should have been the first clue to many, but no…. Then he drills a hole in the aluminum case of the phone with a 3.5 mm drill.
While this technically does produce a hole into which one might insert a headphone plug, it will not make a headphone jack. And it will leave a hole in your phone. And, if you’re not skilled with the drill, you can completely jack-up the internals of your iPhone.
And it certainly voids the warranty.
“I tried this and ended up with display destruction and it not working… I really committed the biggest mistake of my life by watching the his video,” James Ceja wrote. Well… if that’s the biggest mistake he’s ever made, he’s doing alright.



“A friend of mine told me it worked for him, but my iPhone won’t turn on after I drilled the hole for the jack,” David Iriarte wrote. “I checked and it was the 3.5mm drill, so I made no mistake there! What happened? Any of you have the same problem?”
Yes. Others are having the same problem.
“Ok I am sure it’s in the comments somewhere but my friend told me to ask what size drill bit am I supposed to use?” Toekneechair asked. “Also I don’t have that clamp thingy, can I or my friend hold it while we drill. I don’t want to ruin my phone. Thanks for all the help guys…”
“I don’t know what I was thinking,” Sean Solomon posted. “I actually drilled about half way and realized that this is retarded and you were f****** we me. Now what to I do?”

Time to question your life choices. And it should be time to let your friends know not to try this. Yet that’s not what’s happening, either. Instead some of the commenters are going along with the joke and talking up their success.

“I committed the biggest mistake of my life”: iPhone 7 Owners Destroy Phones After DRILLING Their Own Headphone Jack “I committed the biggest mistake of my life”: iPhone 7 Owners Destroy Phones After DRILLING Their Own Headphone Jack Reviewed by Unknown on 3:34 AM Rating: 5

Ads